I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Friday, July 24, 2009

I'M LOSING MY SANITY...GET ME OUT OF HERE

On Sony TV, every night at 10, Mon-Fri, comes a program called Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao which is the Indian version of “I’m A Celebrity....Get Me Out Of Here”




When the promos first came out, I wasn’t the least bit interested in watching some C-Grade so-called-celebs survive in the Jungles of Malaysia.

However after catching one episode I am now hooked.

And I don’t know why.

Hosted by Mini & Yudi this show has 10 “celebs(and I use the word celeb very lightly here) who are confined to a jungle in Malaysia with just 2 pairs of clothes and have to survive in there with just the basics. They have to wash, cook, clean everything themselves and where the bathrooms are open and communal.

The celebs are seriously C-Grade.

1) Marc Robinson: An ex model who once famously two timed Manisha Koirala & Aishwarya Rai.


2) Akash Deep Saigal: An ‘actor’ who is best known for being Farah Khan’s volatile ex-boy friend. Has serious megalomania issues.


3) Palak: An ex MTV Roadie who was so bitchy on that show that she now allegedly has her own hate group on facebook. And going by her antics on this show, she’ll soon have a few more.


4) Anaida: A failed ex-singer whose spoken Hindi makes Sonia Gandhi seem like a Pro. “These clothes are practically see-through” she complained, conveniently forgetting her own semi nude ‘costumes’ from her music video days.


5) Shweta Tiwari: The ex-wife of a wife-beater who calls herself the ‘desh-ki-bahu’ but who according to Palak, has apparently been wearing ‘bras & chaddis’ in Bhojpuri films. Major bitch fight waiting to happen.


6) Chetan Hansraj: I’m not sure if he is an ex-actor or an ex-bodybuilder but his claim to fame seems to be that he is BIG. Not that Miss Palak is impressed.

While peeping from between branches at him taking a shower “Imagine being pinned under that huge man,” she says in mock disgust “I would die.”

The lust in her eyes however, say otherwise.


7) Mona Wasu. I have no idea who she is, but like a certain Ms. Zinta, she detests being called bubbly. To each her own but if that’s what she wants, it would help if she did not style her hair in girly pigtails everyday.


8) Aman Verma: An actor, wannabe politician and an-ex con who once was notoriously caught in a sting camera operation trying to test the casting couch. Ouch.

9) Ishq Bector: Apparently a rapper but I’ve never seen or heard of him before this. And not surprisingly, he was also the first to be voted out. He also did seem to love massaging the guys (just the guys) while he was there so maybe a missed opportunity of an evolving scandal for SONY TV there.


10) Fiza. Now she’s a handful. Originally named Anuradha Bali, she had an affair with Mohammed Chand, a much married Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana. She converted to Islam and became Fiza. He left his family and position in government. They eloped and went underground for about 1 month. A massive man hunt ensued (which by the way i dont understand becoz they were both consenting adults). They suddenly surfaced and married in a press conference. A month later he said he made a mistake, uttered the 3 magic words ‘Talak, Talak, Talak’ and left her and went back to his wife. He did not get the deputy chief ministership back. She re-converted back to Hinduism. A few days later he said he still loved Fiza and she re-re-converted to Islam. Fiza then broke up with him again and joined this show. Wow!

Why did she need to join this show? Wasn’t her life a reality show anyway?
Anyway during the show one contestant every day has to go for a challenge and earn food for the rest of the cast who otherwise have to survive on Rice & Soyabeans.

Many of you who haven’t caught this show may be wondering why I’m hooked to it and to be frank I personally don’t know either.


I admit its BAD. Really BAD. And yet you cant take your eyes off it.

Maybe its like that terrible car crash you sometimes see on the road. You know its bad and very, very sad but you cant take your eyes of it.

During one of the episodes, Shweta Tiwari had a near breakdown when the organizers forgot to send some salt with the food.

I want salt. I want salt. I want salt. I want salt. I want S-A-L-T.” she screamed hysterically.

I have so many other things to do and watch but I just can’t seem to get this show out of my head.

Maybe I should just shout “Iss Show Se Mujhe Bachao"


What Say You?


Till Next time.


Love


Vish

No comments:

Post a Comment