I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A MAA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE

A MAA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE

Now that the Slumdog fever is finally waning maybe you will be interested in watching another movie.

This too is about the slum kids but this time its by an Indian director and a fully Indian cast and shot on location in sync sound over 30-45 days.

Not a single star, no songs (so no Jai Ho), no british accents and no
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Just a slumkid trying to find the mother of an abandoned child.


And all speaking in typical Mumbai lingo.

Sample a line: After stealing a woman’s purse and not finding much inside he says,
“Itna Bada Gaand Aur Itna Sa Gu”

I haven’t watched it personally but very reputable writers and critics (no not Taran Adarsh) are already raving about it.

Look out for it and meanwhile catch the trailer in the website at
http://www.thanksmaa.com/

Enjoy.

Vish

No comments:

Post a Comment