I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Saturday, March 21, 2009

CENSORSHIP GONE CRAZY

CENSORSHIP GONE CRAZY

Dubai One TV shows re-runs of many old classic television shows and one of the favourites is ofcourse FRIENDS.


Last weekend while lazing on a Friday evening I ran across another of their re-runs of FRIENDS.

This time it was The One With The Holiday Armadillo.

It is during Christmas where Ross dresses up as an Armadillo coz he can't find a Santa costume.
Till this point it was fine.

Now for those of you who remember that episode, you will know that Ross & Monica are Jewish and celebrate Hanukah along with Christmas.

And during this episode Ross is trying to teach his son about Hanukah.

Initially I thought it was a glitch in the broadcast but then found to my mounting horror and shock that every time Ross mentioned either Hanukah or Jews or Maccabees the word would be bleeped out.


The UAE and most of the middle east for the matter has a policy of not having any diplomatic relations with Israel and no products made in the State of Israel are allowed but can't words even remotely associated with the Jewish state be mentioned?

How would that hurt the sensibilities of the citizens of UAE?

Beats me! Very Odd

No comments:

Post a Comment