I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"YOU MAKE A LIVING BY WHAT YOU GET,
YOU MAKE A LIFE BY.... "

Dear All,

Once in a while we get a chance to step out of our furtunate walls and make a difference. A difference to those who really need our help.

Please take time to read the below and help in any way that you can...

Ciao

Vishal

-------------------------- * --------------------------


" My Name is Commando .. that's what I would like to call myself. I was born in a small village of Kerala. I belong to a middle class small family which includes my parents & my little sister. I completed my education from my village. After my higher secondary, I got selected in Parachute Regiment and completed my training with great enthusiasm in Bangalore. I was rewarded with special training at SFTW & finally I became one among the great 21 Para SF commandos. After participating in many operations & various adventurous courses in different places, I got a chance to serve in Bhutan also. I became a battle casuality in Op Parakram on 4th Oct 2002. After treatment & rehabilitation in BH Srinagar, AH (R&R) and MH Kirkee, I realized my physical status was not fit for duty as a commando as I had been rendered a paraplegic for life. A burning volcano in my mind, I voluntarily retired from service.
Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre, Pune the blessed heaven for disabled soldiers gave me shelter, support & rehabilitation."

(From Commando's Blog)





You will hear several such similar real-life accounts when you visit the Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre at Kirkee, Pune. With a paltry Rs. 4000 as pension, life for these braves and their families is indeed very difficult. Yet when you meet them, they will shake your hand firmly and give you that reassuring smile, telling you that a Soldier knows how to fight his own battles on the field and out of it. Guess who steps up to their cause ..none other than an illustrious North Pointer .. Ravi Thapa (who for many of us needs no introduction).




This is what he has to say:


"I have started a Tea Packing activity at the Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre, Kirkee, Pune. This is a Charitable Public Trust which helps to rehabilitate Paraplegic and Quadriplegic ex-servicemen of the Indian Armed Forces, who are confined to wheelchairs as a result of injury to their spinal cord. I believe that a tea packaging activity is something which is honorable, has a growth potential and it also provides an opportunity for these men to supplement their pension by earning through this activity.We are confident of being able to sell our inaugural production of 100 tea CHESTLETS ( Small wooden boxes ) containing 125 grams of a blend of DARJEELING TEA (MRP RS. 200) on January 1, 2009. Sale proceeds will go to the 5 Quadriplegic ex-servicemen, after covering costs.


I will welcome your support , thoughts, recommendations and reference of persons like yourself to, unconditionally, help this activity grow so that more such people, their families and ,even , war widows could benefit. This is but a small gesture to try and appreciate their services and sacrifice.


Please send your enquiries ,address and payment to me at :

e-mail nutriprc09@gmail.com

A1-102, Nikash LawnsSus Road,
Pashan Pune 411 021
Maharashtra, India

Mobile : 98902 30396
Land Line :+ 91 20 25871224


If you wish to make an additional contribution to enable us to further rehabilitate and to mitigate the physical and psychological disability of these brave men, you may send your donations to the



PARAPLEGIC REHABILITATION CENTRE.


All donations are exempted tax under the Income Tax Act Section 80-G of Income Tax Act 1961.


I look forward, with enthusiasm and optimism, to your response and support.


A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and near and dear ones"


Another Ex-North Pointer R.R. Dasgupta's take:



"I can tell you that the tea is very fine quality Darjeeling Tea (I have purchased and consumed it). The packing is great (Cute little wooden chestlets with the Tea inside heat sealed foiled packets). They make a great corporate and personal gift. The cellophane wrapping on the chestlets can carry your logo or simply "Specially Packed For: " We are now looking to you to place your enquiries to help off-take the current production of 600 chestlets a month from the current unit. We also have plans for polypacking Assam and CTC Tea in the near future.



Your support will bring a lot of cheer to these brave soldiers and dignity to their difficult lives. In return they promise you a great cup of cheer.



P.S.


Paraplegic means that the persons lower portion has been rendered non functional


Quadriplegic means in addition the person has lost normal functionality of his hands

No comments:

Post a Comment