I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Sunday, February 15, 2009

THE REAL INDIA

Dear All,


The telecom company here has been doing some major upgrades to the network here in Abu Dhabi so we haven’t had a decent connection for the last 1 week. This morning too its pretty slow but am making the effort to post a quick blog .


Enjoy

Vish

During my last trip to Delhi I had the opportunity to visit Rishikesh. Now the drive from New Delhi to Rishikesh passes right through, what I believe is the heart of India. For those of us who visit the metros and other towns the experience is quite a head turner and pretty enlightening too.

As someone once said.
India lives in her villages.

And the villagers there are very very innovative.

My camera pics were quite shaky so the accompanied pics are courtesy of my bro-in-law-to-be Siddharth Raj Pradhan who is himself an avid photographer.

Pic 1:

This open hooded truck/tractor is actually a converted water pump. The people who have made this say that apart from being incredibly cheap it is also pretty powerful and judging by the number of people who were sitting in the back it seems like it too.


Pic 2:



I don’t know what engine they use or which company made the body but this cross between a Jeep & a toy car is also pretty common. Even though it doesn’t look like it can carry too many people at one time it seems it is pretty popular around the Meerut-Rourkee area.

Maybe its divine intervention that keeps it moving.

2 comments:

  1. Divine intervention?
    I don't think so - but this gives me an idea - We should have a small blog on India's innovativeness? I will get it going - and invite people to share stories, pictures, photos, what say?

    Prash

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what's with the 'update' on movies? You still watching Jaane..?

    ReplyDelete