I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sex + Religion = Combustion

DO YOU PRAY FOR SEX? I BET YOU DO.
BUT DO YOU PRAY BEFORE SEX?


Newly-wed Roman Catholic couples are being encouraged to say a special prayer together before having sex.


In what can only be called a seriously bizarre idea, the London-based Catholic Truth Society, has composed a special “Prayer Before Making Love” which it says is aimed at 'purifying their intentions' so the act is not about selfishness or hedonism.




The Rev Paul Hendricks, who is the Auxiliary Bishop of Southwark, says that he thinks the prayer's inclusion is 'brave but good'.


"I suppose it is a bit idealistic but it is recognizing that GOD is at the heart of the sexual relationship between husband and wife," he said.

Well, GOD may be at the heart of the act but it’s another 'G' which is more vital to the whole lovemaking thingy. The G-Spot!

It is still not clear if the prayer has detailed instructions on how to locate it and if located, what to do with/to it.


But jokes apart I seriously resent dragging GOD into all this.

I am, a very religious and spiritual person myself and believe in GOD’s omnipresence and all that but do we really need to pray before going at it.


Seriously. I mean what DO you pray for?

Smoother Action? Longer Duration?? Both ??? None! ?



We’ve all heard of “Ooh God! Ooh God! Ooh God!” being uttered in bed but it’s my guess that it is not the Lord who is being invoked there.

What say you?

Till next time…

Luv

Vish



1 comment:

  1. Not sure if you will read this - definitely a priceless post. You should also put it up on fbk though I guess your fbk friends read this as well. I really dont know where you source your visuals from but you are the best in that business :)

    May share this on fbk btw - will credit u of course...awesomeness! hope ur vaca was fun...

    ReplyDelete