I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

BULLET PROOF STONE ??


Sometimes I cannot believe what I read in the papers every morning.

Dubai is not only filled with lots of rich people, they seem to be gullible as hell too. As if the emails from supposedly deposed african ministers offering millions is not enough, now we have people physically arriving here to swindle.

Apparently, as a leading international hub for trade, tricksters and the trustful, there is no better place to buy "magic stones" than Dubai.


The latest peddler of paranormal pebbles is a Yemeni man who is now currently in prison charged with trying to sell a bullet-proof onyx for half a billion dirhams:


The suspect said: "I am not a cheat. I had a stall at Global Village where I displayed precious stones, including the onyx. I asked the police to try the stone before confiscating it and arresting me. They refused. I brought it with me from Yemen."


I am presuming that you need to declare what kind of merchandise you are planning to sell when you apply for a store in the Global Village so shouldn’t some crazy bureaucrat also be arrested?


Anyway moving on…

His lawyer meanwhile said his client claimed that he tried the stone many times on sheep and other livestock and it worked. "We will bring witnesses to corroborate his claims before the court when it reconvenes next week," said the lawyer.


The solution however is amazingly simple:

Have the man test the stone out himself.

If the bullets bounce off him, he's obviously innocent and the stone is a miracle and cheap at even ten times that price.


If not: well… problem solved!


No comments:

Post a Comment