I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

MEMORIES RECOLLECTED IN SOLITUDE



I was very interested in oratory from childhood (maybe that’s why I’ve found my vocation as a trainer) and have always loved poems. This morning I sat in my office with the rare desert rain falling outside turning the usually dry windy climate into a rain-drenched vista. It was then that my mind went back to poetry.


what if Batman was blind ??

The 3 of my absolute favourite ones are


a) Daffodils by William Wordsworth
b) If by Rudyard Kipling and

c) The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost and all for different reasons.

Daffodils because it was the first recital for which I won an elocution award way back when I was in the 4th standard. Sometimes, like today morning, those memories come back
“and then my heart with pleasure fills and dances with the daffodils.”

“If” because apart from being inspirational, each and every one of life’s lessons are in it. My favourite line in the poem is:


If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same”



what if Superman was black ??


The Road Not Taken by Frost is the personal favourite because of its simplicity and the fact that it does not moralize about choice. It simply says that choice is inevitable but you never know what choice you have made until you’ve lived it. And regrets and second guesses about roads we did not take will always nag the back of our minds. The “What If’s…” of life.

Don’t we all experience that?



what if Hulk was a woman ??


What if I had said I Love You that day?
What if I had not left early that evening?
What if I had taken the other flight?
What if..
What If….

And now sometimes as we sit back and think about those decisions we’ve made, we either smile or think, what if….

And maybe that’s what life is all about.

You live the life you choose and you dream about the the life that could have been.

And that makes all the difference.

Enjoy the poem and till next time...

Love

Vish



The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that, the passing there
had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
in leaves no feet had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment