I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Monday, August 20, 2007

Hi Folks,

Sorry but we are in the middle of office renovations and thus my blogging is a little late.

This week i am posting two articles which were sent to me.

The first one was sent by Bryan Sharma from Delhi who, bless him, is a regular reader of the blog and who i have no idea about. Thank you Bryan anyway.
The second is from from my dear friend Jashoda (Sikkim) who has previously managed to get some of my posts published in the Sikkim Express newspaper. So double thanks to you.


Enjoy


Vish


By the way this first poem is also one way of actually finding out whether you really know how to speak English or only to read and write it. Read this poem slowly and carefully because otherwise you’re bound to trip up. And mind your tongue!


Do you know the Queen's English?


I take it you already know
Of tough and bough and cough and dough.
Others may stumble but not you,
On hiccough, through, lough and though.


Well done! And now you wish, perhaps,
To learn of less familiar traps.
Beware of heard, a dreadful word
That looks like beard and sounds like bird,


And dead — it’s said like bed, not bead.
For goodness’s sake, don’t call it deed!
Watch out for meat and great and threat:
They rhyme with suite and straight and debt.


A moth is not a moth in mother,
Nor both in bother, broth in brother,
And here is not a match for there,
Nor dear and fear for bear and pear,

And then there’s dose and rose and lose
Just look them up — and goose and choose,
And cork and work and card and ward,
And font and front and word and sword,

And do and go and thwart and cart.
Come, come, I’ve hardly made a start.
A dreadful language? Man alive,
I’d mastered it when I was five.


Bong in Jongole

I hate to generalise/ typecast any group, nationality or people but this was too good to pass.

No offence meant dear bongs. Enjoy!


Through the jongole I am went
On shooting Tiger I am bent
Boshtaard Tiger has eaten wife
No doubt I will avenge poor darling's life


Too much quiet, snakes and leeches
But I not fear these sons of beeches
Hearing loud noise I am jumping with start
But noise is coming from damn fool's heart


Taking care not to be fright
I am clutching rifle tight with eye to sight
Should Tiger come I will shoot and fall him down
Then like hero return to native town

Then through trees I am espying one cave
I am telling self - "Bannerjee be brave"
I am now proceeding with too much care
From far I smell this Tiger's lair

My leg shaking, sweat coming, I start to pray
I think I will shoot Tiger some other day
Turning round I am going to flee
But Tiger giving bloody roar spotting this Bengalee

He bounding from cave like football player Pele
I run shouting "Kali Ma tumi kothay gele"
Through the jongole I am running
With Tiger on my tail closer looming

I am a telling that never in life
I will risk again for my damn fool wife!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment