I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Aahhh Bebo...

FLY LIKE A 'TITLI'. STING LIKE A BEE.

India is acknowledged as one of the most creative outputs of print and TV ads and AIRTEL TV his come out with a great new one.

I'm sure many of you've already watched it but its definitely worth a watch again and for those who haven't watched it please do watch it till the end. (WOW how many times did i mention 'watch' in that sentence)

It stars Saif Ali Khan and a 'Guest Star' and is a perfect example of how to use brilliant star power.

The song is called 'Dil Titli...' sung by Atif Aslam and goes......

Dil Titli, Dil Titli Sa
Kabhi Yadoon, Kabhi Sapno Ka
Khoya Rang Dhoondata
Khoya Khusbu ka pata

Dil Yaadon Ki Gali
Khoya Sathi Dhondta
Dekhi Zameen
Dekha Aasmaa
Khojta Raha
Tere nishan.

Dil Titli, Dil Titli Sa
Kabhi Yadoon, Kabhi Sapno Ka.....


4 comments:

  1. Hi there - I came across your blog when doing some research for my own :) You pick up on some really interesting things and it's nice that you are very fairly regular. Very curious as to why you think this is a good spot though. Thanks for the bits on Ishqiya and Toys of a different kind. Good ones both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the song is not by Atif- thank god....it would have sounded juvenile coming from him. Its by a some new guy who has been unheard before; lyrics are by the guy who gave us the memorable "baware maan" from "hazaron khwahish..." I agree- its a nice adverstisment...not sure about the star power bit on Saif- I thought it was more Kareena who was used well in the ad- I liked the sting in the tale though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desi:

    Thanks for reading.... I went through your blog and found it hilarious and very very witty.... and no its bookmarked in my favourites... Keep writing and yes, do keep reading too.

    Shyam:
    Thanks for the correction... Didnt you just love the lyrics.... and when i said "good use of star power" i did mean Bebo.... she's leagues ahead of poor Saifu.... A very 'practical' ad.... who will leave Bebo, even for your childhood love....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vishal - Thanks for all the kind words - definitely appreciated! You can bet I'll be a regular here. Like I said I like that you pick up on a range of seriously commentable happenings and you have an unassuming style that I like. Did read the rapacious rats bit and couldn't agree more.

    Regarding the ad - I actually asked why you thought it was good. I personally am a little tired of how Indian ads have deteriorated into going the "I see your Katrina and raise you a Kareena route."But as I can see from your comment to Shyam...you are clearly a Bebo man and that I suppose explains it :)

    ReplyDelete