I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

IS THAT A PICTURE IN YOUR GENES OR...


HI Again,

A very interesting thing has come to my notice and as you know, I like to share.





All of us like interesting artwork in our homes. Something that is not only unique and beautiful, but which can also be a topic of conversation.

“My Godfather bequeathed this Hussain to me” or “This is a doodle by Picasso on a napkin” etc… However not all of us are fortunate enough to have such rare and expensive works of art and the store bought ones can be, for lack of a better word, generic.

Hardly individualistic in any way.


However there is a way to be as unique with your art work as your fingerprint.

An Emarati (UAE national) has started a company where you can get portraits made of your genes.

Yes genes with a ‘G’.

Once you register at their site (
www.dna-dx.com/ ) you will be sent a swab stick with which you will have to swab the inside of your mouth (kinda like they do on CSI) and send it back to them. From that they will create a portrait of your genes and print it on canvas with colours of your choice.

If you have a hair sample you can also have gene portraits made of deceased relatives and also of pets etc.

Artwork, honestly can’t come more personal than this but it does cost money. Prices start from $450 a piece. Check out the above link for more details and by the way it’s a great gift idea too.





My favourite colour is blue.

Hint. Hint.

Till next time

Ciao

V

No comments:

Post a Comment