I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

आकाश को फल, आँखा तरी मर !
Many years ago while in school we used to have exams wherein we had to complete popular sayings and quotations.

In the nepali exam I still remember getting a question to complete the phrase
“Aakash ko Phal….” (The fruits of the sky…)

Personally never having heard this ‘ukhan’ or saying before I scratched my head and after a lot of thought completed it as, “Aakash ko phal, bhagwan le khancha”.
(The fruits of the Sky shall be eaten by the Gods)

Of course the correct phrase, as I was to find out later, was “Aakash ko phal, aakha tari mar

I am sure you too must have had your share of sayings that you must have completed too and recently I came across this selection of popular sayings which have also been ‘completed’ by students and some of them are quite imaginative too I must say. Infact some of them are even an improvement on the original ones.

Enjoy.

Vish



Strike while the …. bug is close.

Never underestimate the power …. of termites.

No news is ……impossible.

Don’t bite the hand that …… looks dirty.

A miss is as good …… as a Mr.

The pen is mightier ……than the pigs.

An idle mind is ….. the best way to relax.

Where there’s smoke …..there’s pollution.

A penny saved is ….. not much.

Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and …… you have to blow your nose.

When the blind lead the blind …….. get out of the way.

If at first you don’t succeed….. get new batteries.

Two’s company….. three’s the Musketeers.


and, the best of them all,

Better late …..than pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment