I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Thursday, December 13, 2007


A Gift Of Gratitude



• Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose. ~ Tennessee Williams

I have been thinking long and hard about this post.



Initially I thought that this was a private matter and thus not necessary to be published in the blog. But as G.B. Stern said, “Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.” Esp when there is already so little genuine goodness to be found in the world.

Faithful readers of my blog will know my friend, Ms. Jashoda Chettri from Sikkim.

Apart from being one of my biggest fans she is also the source of great encouragement and has, at many times, been instrumental in overcoming the writer’s block that seems to settle on me from time to time. Furthermore she has also managed to get my humble blog published in the newspapers.


If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is 'thank you', it will be enough. - Meister Eckhart


Recently, I happened to be quite tactless when corresponding with her and I would have understood if she would have been furious. However she managed to see the positive side in even that gaffe and that just amazes me.


One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. - Malayan Proverb


I am not perfect (seriously) and I can be quite quick to judge others. So it constantly amazes me when others surprise me with behaviour which is quite the opposite.

It cannot be easy for them.

So for all that and more I want to take this opportunity to say a humble “Thank You”

You are a wonderful person Jashoda, and deserve nothing but happiness.

Thank You once again.

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. ~ Bernard Meltzer

No comments:

Post a Comment