I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Monday, May 28, 2007

Everything is possible; the impossible just takes longer - Dan Brown

(Have you recently seen young kids look so happy and proud to be in uniform?)
Hi,

Dear Northpointers & Friends,


I hope you read my previous blog about the school being built in Mungpoo for deserving but poor kids of the village. As you know this school is being built completely of treated bamboo for the poor, underpriviledged but very deserving kids of the village.


Fr. Van has kindly sent me a couple of more snaps of the school and it gives you a pretty good picture of how it is being built etc.



But once again Money is the issue here.


Let me get straight to the point here.


They require money and any amount, big or small, will do.


It needn't be a huge amount and you don't have to arrange a fancy fundraiser.


Be innovative. Have an office pool, arrange a pot-luck-dinner at maybe 10$ a head or even a 'movie' showing at your house on dvd at 5$ a head.


You could even have a yard sale. Just imagine, the junk in your closet being able to help some poor kid make a life for himself?

A very kind lady, Jashoda Chettri from Sikkim has kindly used her kind offices with the editor of Sikkim Express to have the article printed in the paper.


If any of you have any contacts who can help publicize this 'mission' please step up.


Fr. Van can be contacted at gvanwall@yahoo.com if you require any more information.


You can also mail me at vishal.subba@adnoc-dist.ae


As cliched as it is, someone, somewhere once said
"You make a living by what you get, you make a life by what you give."


Please join us and help make many, many lives.


Sursum Corda!

No comments:

Post a Comment