I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Surprises in the Mail



I must tell you of this wonderful thing that happened this morning.

I got a call in the office from EMPOST (the local courier company) asking for my exact location. When i asked him where the letter was from he said it was infact a 'parcel' from someone he did not know as the FROM address wasn't clear. I wasn't expecting any parcel from anyone and so i waited with a mix of confusion and low-expectation.

When it (see above) finally arrived i found that it was an exotic gift set from Mrs Shraddha Rana (Prabir's wife to the uninitiated) all the way from NEPAL.

Well if this doesn't deserve a blog i dont know what does.

A very very BIG and Sincere THANK YOU to Shraddha and the foetus. She did metion Prabir also but, knowing him as well as i do, i am pretty sure his contribution in this was virtually nil. The whole effort of choosing a gift and god forbid, actually going out and couriering it would be too stressful for him. It would mean thinking of the gift, making decisions, missed siestas, travel in traffic filled roads, conversing with the bourgeoise staff at the courier company et al.

Naaaah Not for Prabir this humdrum routine and painfully crass behaviour.

So Thank You to Shraddha and the Foetus. I heard from reliable inside sources (guess who) that the only time Prabir shows any willingness to exercise himself (for want of a better phrase) is after 9pm and before 6am.

As soon as office gets over, I shall go home and wash myself with the curiously titled Yogi soaps and then, as Shraddha suggested, rub myself with the oil.

Shakespeare seemed so prophetic in Hamlet when he said:-

"To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come"

Once more a Big Thank You to Shraddha. And for the record i loved the gift and even more the thought and effort behind it. Do keep it up.

I too wish you many many fun and fun-filled 'rubs' with your 'Yogi'.

Till Next Time....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:18 pm

    Why did toiletery item deserve a mention & featured in your blog but not all the gold you supposedly received?

    What service did you render to get gold for your birthday?

    ReplyDelete