I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Sunday, October 08, 2006

random musings


Am back after a weekend of rest. The dusshera on 2nd and a friend's b'day on the 4th really took a toll. Still getting used to the Fri-Sat weekend here as Sunday does not feel like the beginning of the week.

Have a lot of mails to send out as i have been so busy lately that i havent replied to any of my friends and family.

Just read the daily newspaper and have been noticing lately that a lot of random crimes are beginning to get reported here. Some man was beaten up by a gang of local youths and had his mobile etc stolen. Wonder if the education system here is working well. The youth seem to be not educated enough to get high paying jobs and consider it beneath their dignity to do other low paying jobs. Wonder what a few more years will bring. Such a peaceful country. Would hate to see it deteriorate esp having seen Nepal go from peaceful heaven top what it seems to have become now.

Last week an evening tabloid had a frontpage article asking if anyone would offer a job to a Filipino girl. Her visit visa was going to expire in 4 days and she had met an indian boy here and they could not think of life without each other. AS touching as the story was i wonder what his parents had to say of this kind of publicity. His name was something Junagarhwala, so am presuming he is a gujrati and i know i am generalising here but i cant see his family happily accepting a filipino bahu with open arms. The tabloid never got back and reported whether she got a job or had to go back.



Another friend of mine is getting married next month and seems like most of the gang are going to be missing the nuptials in Lucknow. I am still trying to see how i can schedule my own leave here.
Even among a group of friends, can you have favourites? Is a F.R.I.E.N.D.S like scenario just fiction? Wait a min.... even there Rachael & Monica were closer as were Chandler and Joey and Ross was related so Phoebe was the outsider. I wonder in my own group of friends who is the outsider? I frankly think only 6 of us actually constitute "our group" per se (and i am not taking any names here).

Have missed out on a lot of movies lately (very unlike me) and now am waiting eagerly for The Departed and Umrao Jaan. Don, somehow isn't catching my fancy, SRK notwithstanding.

And by the way guys, at the end of each posting there is a place for comments. Please do write something there. Helps to know that you have a thinking mind and ticking too.

As i like to say, Do comma in a comment something.

Till Later

Muah

No comments:

Post a Comment