I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Monday, October 16, 2006

Friendship & Tolerance


My Alma Mater
(BTW this is just the concert hall... ahem... ahem)

I was wondering if any if my friends even make the effort to read my blogs but let me give them the benefit of the doubt and presume they do, even though they seem so incapable of leaving even a few lines of comments. Sometime one of the tests of friendship is Tolerance.

The reports of 'pets' being thrown out of moving cars as a sport (see previous blog) seem to be increasing and to think that this is happenning during the holy month of Ramadan. Haven't quite been able to get it out of my head and try as i might, i cannot understand what motivates someone to do something so cruel. That is apart from putting other startled motorists at risk.

Diwali is coming and so is Eid. Wishing all of you a very Happy and Prosperous Diwali. I sincerely hope this festival of Lights does indeed light up all your lives with all the happiness and prosperity that you all so richly deserve.
Having my birthday fall in the middle of all this is not bad either. :-)

By the way the DVD's Of The Week havent just been picked at random. A lot of thought has gone into them. It is not only about what i liked but i have also tried to put myself in your shoes, and knowing all of you and your temperements, i have tried to select titles which would appeal to your sensibilities too.

Wish all of you a great week ahead and a great year to follow too.

Ciao for Now

Vish



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:09 pm

    Hey! the last movie seems like my kind. I'm sure plenty thought has gone in.

    By the way there is no need for subtle reminders.

    A little too hectic on the work front so I will not be writing very frequently for a while. Next will be next month only.

    Seems like my Delhi trip is cancelled. I might have to go to Pondicherry again instead. Will know for sure tomorrow.

    Enjoy the festivity and make use of the season to loose weight! ! !


    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be thankful that the reminders are 'subtle'.

    I do hope to enjoy the festival time if my cranky boss will allow me to. THe fasting seems to make him moody and irrational.

    And Yes Cathy, I will try and loose weight, cant promise to lose weight but will loose weight. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete