I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Do ungrateful girls deserve diamonds???

UNGRATEFUL LITTLE WRETCH




Indian ads by and large are pretty good and constantly up to international standards where wit and originality are concerned. And yet a few slip through the net.


Last evening I was watching TV and multitasking as usual.

Unless it’s a really good program or something very interesting I usually do something while watching TV. Sometimes I’m on the laptop surfing the net and chatting with friends or most often I have a magazine or newspaper at hand. During ad breaks I usually continue reading till something catches my ear.
And most of the time it’s the really good things that get my attention.
Last night was the opposite.
There is a jewelry company called PC jewelers and their new ad is just plain stupid.


It begins with the wife at the mirror while the hubby is lying in bed.


“Your ears look rather small” he teases her.
“You should have seen that last year before we got married” she shoots back a trifle irritated.


He then places a beautiful diamond and emerald earring on her ear. She oohs and aahs.










Next Scene:


“Your wrists look a little small” he continues teasing her.
“You didn’t say that when we were dating” says stupid wifey who not only seems to have forgotten the earring she got but also the fact that it was a similar teasing which had gotten her those earrings.

As expected he slips a diamond and emerald bangle on her wrists.


Next Scene:


“Your neck is looking very thin” says the adoring hubby.
Why did you marry me then” says the crazy bitch who clearly doesn’t deserve any of the expensive baubles that hubby dearest seems to be bestowing on her.


Of course he does slip on a huge whopper of a necklace round the neck of a wife who is either very very slow witted or just a bitchy shrew.

Crazy Woman!

If you are going to have s tory in your ad, is it too much to expect it to be sensible?

He should have just wrung her neck and given the jewelry to another girl.


Now THAT would have made a great ad.







No comments:

Post a Comment