I, Me & Myself

My photo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you know me, you know about me and if you don't... well then read my blogs and you will find out

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Life's Little Surprises

NEVER BEEN KISSED???

SEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND....


On a reality TV show called Britain's Got Talent, a dowdy old lady from a small Scottish village came to perform. Her ambition, she said, was to someday have a recording made and maybe, just maybe, one day be as famous as Elaine Paige.





Ofcourse music and theatre lovers will know Elaine Paige as an actress and recording artist extraordinaire, who has made a major contribution to the modern musical and quite justifiably has earned the title “The First Lady of British Musical Theatre”.


She is a star of such hits like Evita, Cats, Hair, Jesus Christ Superstar etc.


So when this matronly lady said she wanted to be as famous as Ms. Paige, there was the expected snickering from the audience and even the judges were doing all they could to have her over and done with so that they could move on to the next contestant.

An unmarried, unemployed, ungainly, middle-aged woman who lives alone with a cat and who has never been kissed in her life wanting to be famous....???

She's better have been kidding.


And the song she chose wasnt inspiring any condfidence either.

She had chosen the very difficult "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Miserables.




THEN SHE STARTED SINGING....

and all hell broke loose....




If you havent seen it by now then do go to YouTube and watch and judge for yourself.

I am sorry i could not download the video here but do take the trouble and i promise that you wont be dissapointed.

I have included the lyrics of the song below for your added enjoyment and the parts marked in red is the portion she did NOT sing (time constraints).


I dont know about Elaine Paige, but Susan Boyle's different clips on YouTube have collectively already had more than 15 million hits. She is being featured in news programmes all over the globe and this morning its being reported the she will be featured on Oprah and has also been invited to sing at the HM Queen Elizabeth's annual garden party.

I guess this is GOD's way (even if its is through the medium of reality TV) of reminding us to never take anything or anyone for granted.


Enjoy.

Luv

Vish



I DREAMED A DREAM

from LES MISERABLES



There was a time when men were kind,

And their voices were soft,

And their words inviting.

There was a time when love was blind,

And the world was a song,

And the song was exciting.

There was a time when it all went wrong...


I dreamed a dream in time gone by,

When hope was high and life worth living.

I dreamed that love would never die,

I dreamed that God would be forgiving.



Then I was young and unafraid,

And dreams were made and used and wasted.

There was no ransom to be paid,

No song unsung, no wine, untasted.

But the tigers come at night,

With their voices soft as thunder,

As they tear your hope apart,

And they turn your dream to shame.



He slept a summer by my side,

He filled my days with endless wonder...

He took my childhood in his stride,

But he was gone when autumn came!



And still I dream he'll come to me,

That we will live the years together,

But there are dreams that cannot be,

And there are storms we cannot weather!


I had a dream my life would be

So different from this hell I'm living,

So different now from what it seemed...

Now life has killed the dream I dreamed...

No comments:

Post a Comment